Jazz up Beetroot loading in the days up to your event with these tasty grab-and-go snack balls. Each serving of PURE Beet Endurance is 30g (3 lightly heaped teaspoons) so this recipe is designed for a few smaller snack servings throughout the day.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 6-8 dates
- 9 teaspoons PURE Beet Endurance
- pinch of salt
- Additional water
- Coconut for covering
- Combine oats, seeds, coconut and dates in a blender and blend until the dates are mixed through (tip: to soften dates soak in boiling water for a few mins then drain)
- Add PURE Beet Endurance and salt, blend through.
- Slowly drizzle additional water through until mixture goes from crumbed to sticky (test it by rolling a small ball and seeing if it sticks together)
- Roll into balls, cover in coconut (optional) and refrigerate (or freeze prior to travelling).
- This recipe provides a total of 3 Beetroot loading servings and is designed for one person to snack on over a 3 day period. To adjust simply increase or decrease the amount of PURE Beet Endurance added to the recipe.
- Saliva is required for the natural conversion of Nitrates in your body so for best results we recommend savouring each mouthful and avoiding drinks while eating these balls.
Enjoy : )
Related article: Beetroot in sport
Marewa is a qualified Sports & Exercise Nutritionist (BAppSc, University of Otago) and co-founder of PURE Sports Nutrition. Marewa is passionate about high-quality & practical sports nutrition to enable people to push limits, break barriers and reach their potential along the way.